This is the best time of the year. We’re surrounded by prospects, but what should we say? Here are some opening sentences that can help steer the conversation toward our business.
- Do you think you will get a raise this year?
- Looking forward to having another year like this year?
- How many more years until you retire?
- Do you find it difficult to save for retirement also?
- Mortgages take a long time to pay off. How many more years do you and I have to go?
- Our children grow up fast. What are you doing to have more time with your children?
- So how long is your commute in the morning?
- I have been wondering. What is your best moneymaking idea or tip that I can use?
How many hours do we spend in front of a screen each day?
Phone time? Computer time? Job time? It adds up.
If we spent 15 minutes of that time every day connecting with someone, would that change our business over the next year?
If our ultimate goal in life is to stare at a computer screen, we might want to aspire to something more.
Things to think about.
If our prospects hesitate, we can say this to re-connect: “I think we’re on the same page here, just different parts of the page.”
Of the four basic core skills, creating rapport is the first and most important. That is why we are doing a class on creating rapport and influence now. The current class is full, but we will run it again in the future.
What can we do for now? Here is the book that teaches us the most important skill in network marketing.